Living in urban areas of UK can be so hectic. Although there are many recreational activities available throughout the country, often the places at which you play sport fail to provide a relaxing environment. In this fast paced world, everyone is in search of places where he or she can relax and forget about daily tensions and worries. Well for this purpose, one cannot find a better place than UK countryside. Whenever you visit the country, there is a sense of calmness and slowness which enables a person to relax and come out of viscous and tight circle of life.
One thing is for sure that if a person plans to visit the UK countryside, then there are many sound advantages which he or she can feel and enjoy. Like first of all the visit will allow the person to interact with the nature closely. Green trees, widely spread fields and crops, chirping birds, all of these are not available in the urban areas anymore. All of these bring a sense of calmness and relaxation to nerves. There are other activities as well which include trekking in the forest, swimming in the local pond and fishing etc. All of these activities are enjoyable and healthy.
It is a known fact that countryside offers many traditional festivals that are totally different from the ones that take place in cities. So, one terrific idea to enjoy your holidays is to visit the countryside in the festival season. Their local crafts, foods, traditional dances and fireworks are usually a sight to watch. People in these areas are extremely friendly, and their attitude reminds a person about the true nature of humanity.
Some of the leading UK countryside spots where a person can visit and enjoy are as follows:
- Hexham: This is considered to be one of the top places to visit. It is known for its starters and has been voted as “England’s best market town”. Moreover, it is close to Hadrian’s Wall that is a long-distance footpath.
- Canterbury: This countryside is famous because of its countless worth seeing sites. It is also adorned with a walking and cycling county nearby. Coastal towns like Whitstable add to its beauty.
- Henley on Thames: It is famous for its water based events like head of the river races. The Towpath route is its greatest attraction which is specifically built for people who like to walk for a long time. Another reason for its fame is royal regatta.
- Bakewell: It is also one of the top destinations among the countryside. Jane Austen wrote Pride and Prejudice here in this countryside.
- Isle of Wight: When people plan to spend their holidays in the countryside, this place is a high priority and is a favourite destination of the majority of the walking visitors.